Casseroles, Comfort Food, Dinner, Easter, Thanksgiving, Vegetables and Side Dishes
1 29-oz can sweet potatoes, drained
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp salted butter, melted
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
About 3 cups marshmallows
1. Mash sweet potatoes from the can in a large bowl. I used a fork, but if you have a potato masher you could use that.
2. Add brown sugar, butter, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Put sweet potato mixture into an 8×8 casserole dish.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes.
5. Add marshmallows to the top of the casserole and bake in the oven until melted and browned on top.
Grammy Rogers (Mimi’s mom) used to make a similar dish for Thanksgiving and Easter. ❤️